Mooringo takes care of everything. You set up a berth for rental with a click in My Marina. Instantly, it’s shown in Mooringo’s app to all boaters seeking to book and pay for a guest berth.
This sounds great for our harbour – Please make contact!
All harbours can turn into guest harbours!
In summer many harbours are empty when tenants are away. Mooringo is an automatic guest harbour system to make use of this vacant space. Tenants can mark their berths vacant and guests will easily find and pay for overnight stays. No staff needed! With Mooringo, any boat club, marina and small harbour can join and attract guest boats.
A handy tool for the harbour master
Engage your berth holders and the harbour becomes fully automatic. Each berth holder can mark their berths as available in the Mooring mobile app and the harbour master gets a good overview of all the berths and has full control in My Marina.
My Marina is web-based and can be handled from wherever the harbour master is.
Turn into a bookable guest harbour
Turn into a bookable guest harbour without extra personnel and fill your empty berths. Any harbour can make extra money and become a more lively harbour in the process. The harbour is in full control and can choose to market a few berths or the whole harbour.
Mooringo MyMarina is very intuitive. You only need to register your harbour and publish berths to gain access to thousands of users around the world.
Money back guarantee!
Yes – there is a fee to use Mooringo automatic harbour system, but our goal is to make your harbour more profitable. Else we give you money back!
Efficient marinaSystem to gain control of marina vacancy
- Handle bookings professionally.
- Gain full control of vacant capacity.
- Give tenants an easy tool to notify they are away.
- Full statistics on transactions for every single berth.
- Display/market all vacancy in the mobile app.
- Receive direct creditcard payments.
- Display all destination calendar events in the app.
Attractive marinaMarket all your vacant berths and destination events
- Interactive and attractive guest harbour!
- All functionality for an efficient marina.
- Display/market all vacancy in the mobile app
- Receive direct creditcard payments.
- Show all destination calendar events in the app.
*We need guest nights to reward our sailors for doing good. They get credits for marking their berths vacant when away or visit new harbours. Like yours.
Start by creating your user account. You will receive an email with further instructions.
Why use Mooringo's guest berth system for our harbour, marina or yacht club?
- You will get a user-friendly, web-based marina tool with a good overview of the berths that are vacant, occupied or reserved.
- You can register vacant berths, make them bookable and get payments straight to the harbour account.
- You get free marketing of your marina. Everyone who has the Mooringo mobile app will be able to see your guest berths.
- You make it possible for guests to pay harbor fees electronically. No need to have staff available to take payments.
- You set the price and availability of your guest berths.
How does Mooringo work?
- Someone at your club will need to spend an hour or two to register and set up your guest berths in the tool with the help of our Mooringo team.
- Berths rented by your club members are linked to each member. This makes it possible for each member to set up their own schedule, showing when their berth is available for rental. Your members do this through Mooringo’s mobile app.
- If a member does not use the Mooringo app, or if the berth is not connected to a member, you can use the Mooringo Marina web tool to set the berth as vacant in Mooringo.
- All boat owners looking for a guest spot in Mooringo’s mobile app will see the guest berths that you have available as soon as you or a member set it as vacant in the schedule.
- The guest books and pays for the berth via Mooringo’s mobile app. The berth then turns red in the system and cannot be booked by another guest.
- The money from the booking will go straight to your club’s account.
How do we get berth holders to use Mooringo?
To get the most out of the system, it is best if all of your berth holders use the system. This is where they set their berth as vacant when they go to sea.
It is up to you as a harbour master to motivate your berth holders to use Mooringo to set a berth as available for guests. Since they do not directly get any part of the rental fee, our Fidelity Program rewards your users offering awards like free berths in other ports if these latter publish their available berths.
Do we need to make all berths in the harbour bookable?
No, you do not need to make all your berths available for rental and booking via Mooringo. You can choose to register only part of the marina, or just a few berths if you want.
How is the electronic payment made?
Guests use their credit card to pay through the Mooringo app. You as a harbor supply the banking details of the account to which rental fees shall be transferred. Payments will be transferred to your account once a month.
Do all guests have to pay electronically via Mooringo?
No, guests do not have to pay the rental fee through the Mooringo app, but we encourage it for two reasons:
- Visitors are more likely to show up if they have paid in advance. If the payment is not made directly, the berth is still booked in the system and cannot be booked by other boat owners.
- Today more and more boat owners want to pay harbor fees electronically so they don’t need to search for personnel at the marina. Also many boat owners do not carry cash, despite the fact that several smaller harbors still use it as the only payment method.
Do we have to charge for the berths we set as vacant?
No, of course not. Some marinas do not use our services to make money, but simply to get a more vibrant harbor life and more guests to their harbor. They might have a cafe or a restaurant to which they want to draw people. They may have a nice club island they want to keep busy. Or they may just want to avoid the harbor being empty. In such cases, neither the marina nor we make any money. But there will be more berths available for guest boats, which is our goal!
Our harbour cannot offer all the facilities such as showers, electricity or garbage cans — can we still register our berths?
Of course you can. When registering your marina, you just tick the box for which facilities you offer. Then the guest will know what to expect when booking your berth. You do not need to offer any facilities at all, as long as you offer a safe place to moor.
Our harbour has locked gates. Can we still join Mooringo?
It is not impossible for a harbor with gates to join Mooringo, but it takes a little extra work. The harbor can switch to code locks or similar. You need to consider this cost against potential revenues. Furthermore, you also need to have a look at the terms and conditions of your insurance. It may state that a certain kind of gate is needed. If you have most of the facilities on the berths side of the gates (e.g. showers, garbage cans) the guest may still be happy to use your harbor. In this case you need to make it very clear in the description of the berth that they will not get past the gates.
How do we know who will visit our berths? What information do we have about people who have booked?
Each guest who books through the Mooringo mobile app registers their name, phone number and email address. They also add information about the boat size and the name of the vessel. Moreover, we will have a rating system where marinas can rate and write comments about guests.
How is My Marina different from other system like green and red flags?
With Mooringo My Marina, boat owners will know in advance if the harbours have free berths. They don’t need to arrive at the harbor in order to find out if there are any berths marked as green. Furthermore, both harbour master and berth holders may adjust the availability of berths without being in the harbour and physically marking each as green or red.
What is the difference between Mooringo and other reservation systems?
The booking systems available today are only used by a few selected guest harbors. With Mooringo, boat owners can also book private jetties, harbors and buoys. Moreover, it is a system for boat owners who can make money on a berth that is not being used.