MAKE YOUR DESTINATION MORE ATTRACTIVE
– FOR FREE
Market harbour information in Mooringo app.
Display harbour bookable vacant berths.
Show destination events and local businesses nearby.
Rent out member’s berths when they are away.
Integration with any other existing system
No binding contract – no risk.
Mooringo takes care of everything.
Together with the harbor office, we set up any number of berths for rental via the Moorigo Marina web application. This can be altered at any time. Tenants can be involved to participate with making their berths vacant if required. Instantly, real-time vacancy is shown in Mooringo’s mobile app to all boaters seeking destinations to visit and book a berth in advance.
Contact Mooringo for more information
For all types of harbours.
In summer many harbours are empty when tenants are away. Mooringo is an automatic guest harbour system to make use of this vacant space. Harbours can mark their individual berths vacant so that visitors easily can find real-time available berthing and pay in advance for overnight stays.
No staff needed. Any boat club, marina or privately owned buoy can join Mooringo and attract guest boats. Even seasonal berths can easily be rented by allowing members to handle their own berth calendar.
Use Mooringo to market your destination and vacant berths
Mooringo is a complete marketing system for the entire destination where the marina can easily display information, local events and surrounding attractions. The port can expose vacancies and receive paying visitors without extra staff. Boaters find the marina, book and pay for free berths directly in the Mooringo app when looking for attractive destinations. All booking information is sent to the harbour and money for bookings is transferred to the harbour’s bank account.
A handy tool for the harbour master
The harbour is marketed and can automatically direct boats to correct berth and receive payments from guests without involving harbour staff. The harbour master gets a good overview of vacany and booking status in the marina.
Start off in small-scale
The marina can choose to have all their vacancy available in Mooringo or just a few and it is possible to increase or decrease the number of bookable berths at any time. The Mooringo Marina is web-based and can be used anywhere.
Easy to get started – no binding time
Mooringo helps with all setup and thereafter the system manages more or less by itself. We just need to hear from you so we can help you expose the destination and vacant berths that your marina wants to show up to attract thousands of boat owners who are looking for destinations.
Free digital marketing and booking system!
It is free to use Mooringo digital platform. We make money by adding a service fee of 10 % on top of your price to provide boaters the service to find and book real-time vacancy in advance. In this way, Mooringo increases the quality of boating holiday and reduces the stress with uncertainty of destination vacancy.
Attractive MarinaMarina Software for marina marketing and vacancy display
- Display all vacancy in the mobile app
- Market the harbour
- Display events
- Handle bookings professionally
- Receive direct creditcard payments.
- Full statistics on transactions for every single berth.
- Involve own members and tenants to display their berth vacancy.
Automatic marinaNo staff needed. Get your members and tenants to run the business.
- Involve own members and tenants to display their berth vacancy.
* Mooringo charges a transaction fee of 3 % for paid Mooringo bookings to finance credit card payments and money transfers to the harbour.
** We give away free nights as reward to members or tenants in your harbour who are helping you display vacancy and attract visitors without the need to involve staff.
Register your harbour!
Start by creating your harbour master account. You will receive an email with further instructions.
Why use Mooringo's guest berth system for our harbour, marina or yacht club?
- You will get a user-friendly, web-based marina tool with a good overview of the berths that are vacant, occupied or reserved.
- You can register vacant berths, make them bookable and get payments straight to the harbour account.
- You get free marketing of your marina. Everyone who has the Mooringo mobile app will be able to see your guest berths.
- You make it possible for guests to pay harbor fees electronically. No need to have staff available to take payments.
- You set the price and availability of your guest berths.
How does Mooringo work?
- Someone at your club will need to spend an hour or two to register and set up your guest berths in the tool with the help of our Mooringo team.
- Berths rented by your club members are linked to each member. This makes it possible for each member to set up their own schedule, showing when their berth is available for rental. Your members do this through Mooringo’s mobile app.
- If a member does not use the Mooringo app, or if the berth is not connected to a member, you can use the Mooringo Marina web tool to set the berth as vacant in Mooringo.
- All boat owners looking for a guest spot in Mooringo's mobile app will see the guest berths that you have available as soon as you or a member set it as vacant in the schedule.
- The guest books and pays for the berth via Mooringo’s mobile app. The berth then turns red in the system and cannot be booked by another guest.
- The money from the booking will go straight to your club's account.
How do we get berth holders to use Mooringo?
To get the most out of the system, it is best if all of your berth holders use the system. This is where they set their berth as vacant when they go to sea.
It is up to you as a harbour master to motivate your berth holders to use Mooringo to set a berth as available for guests. Since they do not directly get any part of the rental fee, our Fidelity Program rewards your users offering awards like free berths in other ports if these latter publish their available berths.
Do we need to make all berths in the harbour bookable?
No, you do not need to make all your berths available for rental and booking via Mooringo. You can choose to register only part of the marina, or just a few berths if you want.
How is the electronic payment made?
Guests use their credit card to pay through the Mooringo app. You as a harbor supply the banking details of the account to which rental fees shall be transferred. Payments will be transferred to your account once a month.
Do all guests have to pay electronically via Mooringo?
No, guests do not have to pay the rental fee through the Mooringo app, but we encourage it for two reasons:
- Visitors are more likely to show up if they have paid in advance. If the payment is not made directly, the berth is still booked in the system and cannot be booked by other boat owners.
- Today more and more boat owners want to pay harbor fees electronically so they don't need to search for personnel at the marina. Also many boat owners do not carry cash, despite the fact that several smaller harbors still use it as the only payment method.
Do we have to charge for the berths we set as vacant?
No, of course not. Some marinas do not use our services to make money, but simply to get a more vibrant harbor life and more guests to their harbor. They might have a cafe or a restaurant to which they want to draw people. They may have a nice club island they want to keep busy. Or they may just want to avoid the harbor being empty. In such cases, neither the marina nor we make any money. But there will be more berths available for guest boats, which is our goal!
Our harbour cannot offer all the facilities such as showers, electricity or garbage cans — can we still register our berths?
Of course you can. When registering your marina, you just tick the box for which facilities you offer. Then the guest will know what to expect when booking your berth. You do not need to offer any facilities at all, as long as you offer a safe place to moor.
Our harbour has locked gates. Can we still join Mooringo?
It is not impossible for a harbor with gates to join Mooringo, but it takes a little extra work. The harbor can switch to code locks or similar. You need to consider this cost against potential revenues. Furthermore, you also need to have a look at the terms and conditions of your insurance. It may state that a certain kind of gate is needed. If you have most of the facilities on the berths side of the gates (e.g. showers, garbage cans) the guest may still be happy to use your harbor. In this case you need to make it very clear in the description of the berth that they will not get past the gates.
How do we know who will visit our berths? What information do we have about people who have booked?
Each guest who books through the Mooringo mobile app registers their name, phone number and email address. They also add information about the boat size and the name of the vessel. Moreover, we will have a rating system where marinas can rate and write comments about guests.
How is My Marina different from other system like green and red flags?
With Mooringo My Marina, boat owners will know in advance if the harbours have free berths. They don’t need to arrive at the harbor in order to find out if there are any berths marked as green. Furthermore, both harbour master and berth holders may adjust the availability of berths without being in the harbour and physically marking each as green or red.
What is the difference between Mooringo and other reservation systems?
The booking systems available today are only used by a few selected guest harbors with dedicated visitor berths. With Mooringo, any berth or mooring can be rented, giving a variety of options to boat owners on holiday.